Friday, January 05, 2007

The business card

I sent Tim a Christmas card. Not to rekindle anything, but to be nice, kinda to say that I’m still thinking of him and wishing him a Merry Christmas. Why else do you send a Christmas card?

Anyways, in the mail a few weeks later I receive a large envelope from him. What else gets mailed in a large envelope around the New Year and especially from a Real Estate Agent. Yes, a calendar. I open it with my mom standing there, knowing full well that it’ll only be a calendar with a brief “merry Christmas” type letter attached to it. I lived with him before, I kind of saw them all.

I open it and with the calendar comes two of his business cards. Not really sure why he still gives me his business cards, I have a million of them already. Anyways, my mom picks one up and asks if she could have it. I say fine. Sure, that’s one less that I have to stuff in my drawer of useless items. But rather then putting it away she displays it on top of the Microwave.

Does anyone else’s mom have a picture of their ex-lover displayed? I tried to knock it over one day and place his picture face down as though it just slide down with hopes that it might stay that way for a while. But only a few short days later it was upright again. I can’t explain to my mom who he actually is and why it’s slightly awkward for his picture to be there, so it remains upright until hopefully soon it comes down.

Although, why she wanted the card in the first place and why it’s displayed is beyond me.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

Maybe your mom thinks he cute too!

That is peculiar!

10:07 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home