Tuesday, October 17, 2006

oh...weird

Did I hear correctly? Was there actually a sigh of disappointment as I was about to head out the door yesterday to drive back to Brampton?

“Oh going already?” It was 11ish on Monday morning, my car was packed and I was anxious to be back in Brampton in time for a potential phone call (which still has not came). “You know you can stay as long as you want.”

Unfortunately that’s true. I have no time constrants, I have no job. And although I had an alright time at home this weekend, I’ve never desired to be home rather then anywhere else so why start now?

My mom actually walked me out the door. This shocked me. It wasn’t the “drive safe” speech, or the come back again speech which probably came later. She walked me to the car continuing to talk about one of my sisters or my intentions for employment or whatever.
After 24 years of feeling neglected as most of my siblings have felt, being that there is 10 of us. Am I sensing some concern and care? I guess it’s always been there, but it feels weird being able to acknowledge it.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

My parents never started walking me to my car until I got my dog. Even at that they would walk and put my dog in the car and pat and kiss goodbye.

The dog... not me.

4:21 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home