Wednesday, September 20, 2006

100 things to know about me

Sarah, my blog buddy had this fabolous blog the other day. (Maybe 3 or 4 days ago, I haven’t really kept up with reading much.) I thought it was great and felt the need to do my own “100 things about me” list.

1. I have 3 brothers and 6 sisters. All real, 7 are older and 2 are younger.
2. I am shy and I blame it on growing up and never needing to talk myself.
3. My parents are still together, their aniversary is September 30.
4. My mom is 54 and I don’t know how old my dad is.
5. I think I know all my siblings birthdays.
6. This past year I almost forgot my ex boyfriends birthday after drilling him for so long when my birthday is. (It was in fact May 30th, like I thought)
7. I am single.
8. My birthday is July 13, 1982.
9. I’ve met three other people with the same birthday. And many birthdays are the day before and the day after.
10. I think my birthday is a cool day. It’s weird but I take pride in telling people my birthday is the 13 of July, like it’s some day of importance or something.
11. I am currently watching Ellen Degeneres. I watch it often.
12. I, (like Sarah) don’t feel like I have a lot of interests.
13. Except for sometimes birds, music and men.
14. I feel like I’m a boring person to talk to. And when I’m holding in a secret I feel I’m more boring because I don’t talk afraid of spilling the secret.
15. I never have a secret that no one knows. Someone always knows what I’m holding in.
16. Currently I have confided in Soleil, Ashleigh and Phil. Don’t ask.
17. I am also currently unemployed.
18. I have a degree in Geography from the University of Waterloo.
19. It annoys me when people think I have a Bachelor of Arts. It’s actually a Bachelor of Environmental Studies. Waterloo is cool like that.
20.My mom didn’t teach me anything girlie liking shaving or makeup either. She didn’t teach me a lot I don’t think. She was too busy I’m assuming.
21. I often feel unloved. Then I realize that I shouldn’t look towards my parents for that feeling.
22.I know people love me, but I over analyze their affection for me. Yes, I’ve doubted our friendship even though I may not need to.
23. I sleep better when someone is in the bed with me.
24.I have sleeping problems and always have, but I’ve never felt the need to see a doctor about it.
25.I have relied on pills, drinks, and superstitions to help me sleep.
26.I am a morning person.
27. I didn’t date in high school either, but had a crushes.
28.I normally had one serious crush each year. Chris W. lasted grade nine and ten. Andrew M. was my first highschool crush, and Matt W. came after Chris.
29.I puked at my highschool prom.
30.I think I’m allergic to tomatoe pastes.
31. My date was Ryan U. I felt bad about ruining his night, but I think it benefitted him.
32. I was never a popular girl.
33. But always got along with the nice people.
34. I am senitmental but have little desire to meet up with anyone from my home town.
35. I only go blonde. I’m not bold enough to change my hair colour.
36. I’ve never broken a bone. But begged my mom to take me to the emergency for a skin rash and ear infection.
37. My brother had stomach problems as a child and ended up in the hospital on my birthday. He got all the attention and I was very sad.
38. My mom often forgets my birthday and rarely acknowledges it. But then again, I never call her on her birthday either.
39. I take after my mom in other ways too. I laugh at my own jokes.
40. In Res I received the “Dry Humour” award. I was very honored because it was true, rather then getting the “best smile” award, because we all know I wouldn’t deserve it.
41. I disliked my first year roommate, but she’s the one who snubbed me in the end. And she did like me.
42. In first year I gained the frosh 15 in a month. Thanks to 4 meals a day with Craig, Joey and Kristy and thanks to all those cherry cheese cakes that V1 sold at 12am.
43. I’m attracted to men in cowboy hats. Take George Canyon for example. Ummm Hot!
44. Kenny Chesney doesn’t crank my tractor though.
45. It was only in Residence when I realized that I was attractive. Colin had noted that there was a lot of hot women on the floor and then he looked at me. It was cool to hear it without begging for a complement.
46. I am humble about my appearance and there is not much I would change.
47. Except, I would have smaller ears.
48. I dislike my voice and rarely leave voice mail because I don’t think I sound good.
49. That’s probably why I don’t like using the telephone either, and because I’m shy. I think email is a great mode of conversation.
50. I find talking about myself hard, but I hate hearing others talk about themselves.
51. I dislike cocky people. I’m not saying you should all be humble, but who made you the king of the world.
52. I’m a mennonite, I have no self confidence bone in my body.
53. I too blame my parents for everything in my life.
54. I was physically, emotionally, and mentally abused growing up.
55. I get anxious and stressed when people raised their voices, either to me or any noun.
56.I have a temper like my dad but I (unlike other family members) choose to work on my eruptions. I am gentle and don’t argue about eating the last cookie.
57. I haven’t talked to one of my sisters in a really long time. I don’t really plan on it too soon either.
58. She didn’t treat me kindly and even though I won’t hold grudges I don’t like what she’s doing to the family.
59. I have a cat named Snoopy. It’s named after Snoop Dogg. Cory and Phil named it Snoop, but when I took full custody of it I started referring to it as Snoopy and now that’s what everyone calls him.
60. I’m jealous to see how much my roommate loves his daughter. He doesn’t have custody but spends every waking mintue talking or thinking about her.
61. Her room in the house was the first room he set up. His room is even still not completed.
62. It makes me think about how much my parents should love me.
63. I love Sushi too.
64. My favourite is Salmon and Cream Cheese.
65. I’m going to have my first Thai experence today.
66. I bought a really big thing of spinach and I feel the need to eat it up.
67. I’ve had some really good salads recently. Anything really does go.
68. My roommate doesn’t like me cooking for him because it makes him feel like he has a wife.
69. I can’t say I like cooking, but I feel the need to eat healthy. If I cook for more then just me I’m more likely to put more effort into my meals.
70. I’m going to miss him when I go.
71. I lived with Mike for three months.
72. And disliked it, I cried frequently when he left the appartment.
73. We’ve slept together since we broke up.
74. We actually did it whenever we got together, except once.
75. He is in India or someplace now and I miss his friendship. He’s the only person who knows just what to say to me when I’m depressed or lonely.
76. I’m depressed now but think it may just be unemployment blues.
77. I have too much time on my hands.
78. I still think about Mark but think I’m over the “my life won’t go on” phase.
79. I think a man with an education is important.
80. But not within Geography or Biology. I’m not sure I want to date someone who knows more then I do about it.
81. Unless they are good looking and not cocky about their knowledge.
82. Brian seemed to take a thrill from explaining biological things to me. I hated it.
83. I think Brian has moved on from me.
84. Maybe it’s because I can still beat his ass in Mindsweeper. He said I was a good teacher though.
85. I don’t really hide the fact that I have too much time on my hands.
86. I think my roommate might be concerned about my lack of social life.
87. I depend on the people I live with for a social life. Outings are fun but I’m a home body.
88. My sex partner count is 3.
89. I worry that I will be considered a slut if I increase that number.
90. I dated Mike for almost 5 months before losing my virginity to him.
91. I think making love is better then sex, but sex isn’t bad either.
92. My mom’s sex talk was “It’s not that good”
93. I think she was lying to me, she must have done it more then 10 times at least.
94. My mom doesn’t shave her legs but you can’t even tell.
95. I’m blond and my leg hairs are blond as well.
96. I’m enjoying making this list but I’m surprised I got this far.
97. I’m going to be late for Thai.
98. I’m never late.
99. I hate being late and actually prefer being 15 mintues early.
100. I get extremely anxious when I’m late and hate making an enterance.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

I think you really learn a lot about a person as the list goes on. Sure people can name 20 to 25 things, but around 60 you're wondering what the hell to say about yourself.

Salmon and cream cheese sushi is my favorite too :)

1:40 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home