Wednesday, October 11, 2006

The trouble with love

(however, I am aware that these feelings are not love and rather just a heartache)

It truly doesn't care how fast you fell and what kind of shape it leaves you in. And yes, it'll leave you!

Let's go back to four months prior to now. The big blog discussions were my new car and the drama that ensues with a car purchase after being deathly afriad of driving, (note: I do enjoy driving now) My new job and the move across the province, my quilt, etc. I reread the month of June over again and guess what... no discussions of men. I know with certain readers i need to limit the bashing of crushes but it's always clear when they are on my mind.

So as I drove to Ottawa, exactly four months ago today, P was on my mind, M was almost off it, and B was a mere thought, but Ottawa and the men of O-town would soon engage my thoughts. I was wrong though. The men of Ottawa never really came my way. June, July and August flew bye and for once i was content with myself. I drove to the grocery store, I drove to work everyday and I enjoyed Sushi with my roommate on thrusdays. A happy time, except for a dislike for the kids, was upon me.

But then my fling happened and I'm left to wait for his reply to his email. I know that I left Ottawa and I left him behind. It was always the plan but I didn't think it'd be this hard. I want to talk to him again and I have plans to call him tonight, but he hasn't replied to my emails so I wonder his sinsarity to the jesture of us keeping in touch. I'm not sure if i can walk away cold turkey as he may be able to do. I guess I just wanted to be something more then just a notch in his belt.

So the trouble with this is that I fell and he doesn't care how fast I fell and I'm having a hard time letting go. Ah hell, of course this is a phase and it'll pass


The trouble with love is
It can tear you up inside
Make your heart believe a lie
It's stronger than your pride
The trouble with love is
It doesn't care how fast you fall
And you can't refuse the call
See, you got no say at all

1 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

Hang in there!

4:28 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home