Saturday, April 22, 2006

WAYN... just another way you'll ignore me

Almost exactly a year since I’ve graduated my undergrad and my inbox gets filled with emails saying “join WAYN with me” or “join hi 5 and keep in touch with your friends” or “join sms.ca and make new friends” from friends who should be calling me or msning me rather then sending me a mass email about new and exciting ways we can keep in touch.

My opinion is if you can’t make the effort to email me with a quick hello or phone call then why bother wanting to keep in touch with me through yet another communication method that your busy life doesn’t allow you to use. For example, my most recent annoying WAYN email is from Heather a friend from high school who I still get together with when we are both in Aylmer or someone has planned a girls night. But lately her priorities are with her fiancé and her wedding plans that have been two years in the making. She lives with her fiancé and it seems like we have all taken a shaft because she owes him every minute of her life. And when we do get together it’s “Ron this, Ron that.”

WAYN stands for Where Are You Now and though it’d be cool to see how people have progressed since the good ‘ole days of Aylmer I fail to see why I need to care now merely five years since I left Aylmer and if people like Heather care so much about where the fuck I am, she should just ask. But I guess my bitterness also comes from being placed second against everyone’s boyfriends because heaven forbid they take some time away from them.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

I found that through MySpace, I hate it, but I check it everyday. Old friends from high school e-mail me pictures of their babies and I can't even find a steady date on Friday nights. Sheesh.

9:08 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home