Thursday, April 13, 2006

The Independent Woman's Guide to Life

Today I realized I’m like the turkeys. As I walked up the drumlin back to my house I looked over at the two turkeys that I let out of the coop. It’s my daily job, opening the door for them, making sure they have plenty of water and feed and collecting the eggs. Well I looked back today to see them walking outside, a place they are eagerly waiting for every morning that I appear by the door. The one was pecking at the grass and the other had prepared herself to take a mad dash down the path in yet another attempt to fly. She doesn’t elevate and hasn’t any of the times that she has tried but she keeps trying. She has wings and a disappointed look in her body when she realizes that she didn’t fly. And in that way I am the same. I have a desire and a disappointed face when I have been rejected yet another time from another job. But if I could give up I would by now. I need a job and I’ve worked hard towards an ideal job so then when I am I going to realize I can’t fly?

On another note. Today I received a book from Gabi Lorino a women I met while in England. She wrote a book called “The Independent Woman’s Guide to Life” and recently she emailed me to see if I wanted a copy. I’ve looked this book up before but because it’s not widely known, it wouldn’t be in any bookstores around here. I rarely get mail and getting books is very exciting. I’ve read the first chapter so far and am looking forward to reading the rest. The title itself tells me that it’s a book about my life and I must deal with what’s to come regarding the career life and the dating. I’ll criticize the book later once it’s fully read but for now it’s just exciting to receive it.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

It took my 4 months to get my current job, during which I resented the fact I went to school, because I had only the brains but not the experience.

I've had 3 full-time jobs since college. If I joined the work force at 18, I'd probably be making more than I am now.

It's a tough situation that no one seems to tell you about. Hang in there!

10:08 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home