Friday, March 24, 2006

the need to blog

I’ve been talking to myself a great deal this morning and I will spend the rest of my day talking to myself about nothing and will get nothing done. So one cure is to blog; to jot down ideas and to focus my mind rather then just babble to myself about my trip that I took to England in September or my dating philosophies. I’ve had a list of possible blog entries that I’ve wanted to write about but just haven’t yet so I will pick one to talk about.

My New Baby: My quilt.

My quilt is coming along. I’m in what I call phase two of the process. Phase one was sewing the patches together; I needed 30 but decided to make a few extra in case of future pillowcases and to have a better chance of finding 30 perfect patches. So the patches are done and phase two began. Phase two is sewing the patches together and organizing the lattice colour scheme. The quilt is 5x6 (patches) and so far I have the first row of 5 assembled. It looks fabulous and took much less time putting it together then I thought. So once again I’m addicted to quilting, or should I say, I’m still addicted. Even though phase two takes less time then I originally thought, it’s going to be tough because there are many patches that I need to redo. I find that discouraging because I have worked so long to make the patches as perfect as I can and now I have brought myself to need a greater level of perfection then I have. People have commented that since it’s my own personal quilt and I’m not reselling it, it doesn’t have to be perfect, but it does because of the amount of time I’ve put into it. I think maybe once this one is done I’ll make another one, maybe for sale or maybe a present, or maybe for goodwill or something. We’ll see.

This topic probably isn’t as interesting as I think is, I’ll pick another topic. (But don’t think you’ve heard the last of my quilting)

Last night was a disappointed television night. It was Thursday and was my much-anticipated night to watch tv. Will & Grace was new, which was good, and it had cowboys, which was also good. There was two episodes of My Name is Earl, one new and one not, but I hadn’t seen it before and was able to enjoy it as with the new one. There was no Four Kings, which was good, cause I’m not a huge fan of that show and I doubt that it will last long. But the kicker was that The Office was a rerun. It’s not like it was a rerun of this season, which would have even been good cause I haven’t seen that many of this seasons, but it was of last season of which I own the dvd of. And I was so excited about it being Thursday night tv night that I watched my dvd of The Office as a prep for the new show and had already seen the aired episode that day and three previous times before.

A previous blog probably discussed Grace being pregnant and I was shocked because I didn’t know whose baby it could have been. So I waited through the Olympics and eagerly watched the next Thursday’s episode that ended up being a rerun. After three weeks of not knowing who the father could be I grew anxious to watch the next new show. When the show was finally aired, Grace announced that it was Leo’s baby very causally as though no one should have expected otherwise. The thought that it was Leo’s crossed my mind but they have been divorced for a season and a half now and I thought there must be someone else in her life now. It’s Leo’s though and apparently they had sex on the plane to England (which I didn’t know). So I wasted anticipation on something that seems so obvious.

My new curiosity with My Name is Earl comes from last week’s episode of him going to his parents place. His parents seem like a very typical American couple. And they live in a typical suburb. So my thought is: if Earl’s parents are wealthy, why does he live in a hotel and where is this trailer park association from. Earl’s father bought him a mustang and without knowing it, he lost it. There is a bit of wealth shown there. Also, why does Earl’s brother Randy choose to live with Earl in his hotel rather then his parents in their typical American suburb? I guess the show needs to have angles and bring in characters. But too much doesn’t make sense for it to be believable. Also in last night’s episode there was a flashback to when Earl and Joey Lain (spelling) were married and she was pregnant. We know by watching the show that she is with Crabman and has two kids, but one is white and one is darker. So is the white boy living with Joey Lain Earls? And why doesn’t he take responsibility for him?

Anyways the time I have allotted to blogging is up. I should plan to get on with my day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home