Sunday, March 19, 2006

it's about time...

I have worked hard on this blog within the past few months and finally I’ve achieved success. My goals in life are small…when they happen. When I met Mark and started reading his blog, I had this blog already but was inspired by him to write more and write with more of an audience. After deleting some over personal feelings about the way I felt for him I gave him my blog address and hoped he’d be a daily reader. I don’t remember how often he read it, but he told me it was written well and that I should start giving my address out, people would read it. My goal of impressing him worked for one day and my goal jumped to getting him to put my name in his “Friends Blog’s” link. It never happened and so I gave my blog to my brother thinking he might put my link in his list, but then I realized the other day that he doesn’t even read my blog frequently and much less remember that I have one. So then I was very excited today to see that I made it to Sarah’s list. I’m a “not-so-desperate.” I haven’t found out how to put links on my blog yet though. Thanks Sarah, you’ve made my day.

On note B. Rod and Corrine didn’t get the job in the Netherlands after all. Rod and Corrine are friends with my brother in law and therefore my sister and I adopted them as our friends. Well Thressa is a better friend with them both but because I live with them I’ve grown found of them both. Rod is a rocket scientist and was offered a job at the Netherlands Space Agency and has been waiting for close to a year for the word of when he can start. Originally the start date was January 1st but was pushed back a few times. Anyways this weekend they were supposed to come over for the night but didn’t after all because they were too depressed about not getting the job afterall. I would be too. They both have taken the past year off for maternity leave and have been stir crazy to get back into work and what better of an opportunity would they have then to spend a year or two in Holland. I am disappointed too because I was hoping to nanny for them. I feel for them though, this job searching thing is rough and I’m not even supporting a family. And how bad would that suck to be told that you didn’t have a job and then a year of having your tail pulled your told that it’s not happening after all.

On note C. I need you all to keep your fingers crossed for this job interview I had on Friday. I think it went well, however I didn’t get a negative nor positive vibe from him. I’m starting to think negatively but knew I felt confident there. He seemed like he was offering me the job but then mentioned that he had some more interviews to do. So I do have competition, however its not just him doing the interviewing and I think the other guys that run the show have some say. Hopefully I made a good impression with them. Well he noted that he will call me for a second interview if they choose me so I still won’t know if this job is forsure for another few days. I hate waiting for the phone call though and I’m not sure when I will know. So anyways ladies, please keep your fingers crossed for this job. Its about time I start earning my keep.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home