Thursday, March 02, 2006

Being lazy and addicted to quilting

Maybe I should make friends with the lady across the road. She’s old and I think her husband has passed away. She lives in a house across from me and her son lives in a house a diagonally from me but his drive way is attached to hers. Everyday she goes for walks and walks for about two kilometres, I try walking everyday but I get lazy, and I’m even youthful! If I were to guess her age I’d say 80ish. So what better of a friend to have; lonely like me, unemployed like me and lives right across the road. I’m shy though and haven’t needed or even wanted to approach her. But she walks everyday, me I walk when I feel like it, and that’s not often.

I feel that since I have all this time on my hands I should work out more. I was walking frequently but then it started getting cold again and instead of putting on more layers, I put the Sims on my computer. When I started writing in my blog again I played it less but since I’ve lost most of my inspiration to write I have not reason to start playing and when I start the Sims, it’s on all day. I like writing, but my writing skill has decreased and my blogs have gone from being informative and thought provoking (at least humour me) to a self-obsessed, whoa is me type reflection on life. There is no shortage of ways to work out here though. Tom has an exercise bike, Thressa has a stability ball and there is weights and exercise videos and books all throughout the house, plus how hard is it to clear a space for sit-ups and push-ups. I’m lazy, and if I was overweight I doubt I’d care to get off the pounds. I’ve often said that I’d workout, yes I’m just like the rest of the world, I can make promises to work out but they are empty.

As I’m sitting here I am waiting for a lead to call me back. He was just going to look over my resume and then give me a shout, which was a little over an hour ago. He sounded like a good lead but who knows, I’ve been there before too. It’s a brick wall one contact or another. Although this guys name is Dallas and I so desperately want to ask him what the possibilities are of meeting him at a roller skating arena are. See when I went to youth group a monthly activity was to go roller skating and one time my cousin Angie knew that I was crushin’ on this guy and she pushed me into him and out of the awkwardness of the situation I asked him if he wanted to skate during one of the couples skating, he said yes. So we skated. I was on cloud nine, Dallas was the first guys hand I held. It seems minuscule now, but everyone has their firsts. However, this man seems older and seems to have a position in his company that could not be achieved by a person only two years older then myself. So it’s not, and to not ruin this contact to the best of my ability I’m not going to ask him.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

I was in your position not too long ago. It sucks. Keeping yourself busy is really the best thing for you and you'll find yourself happier in time!

10:32 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home