Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Intolerable Cruelty

So my brother-in-law from Manitoba was over for a few days. He’s a trucker and was waiting for a load to bring back to the Manitoba region so that he wasn’t hauling an empty trailer. Anyways it took a few days for him to be given a returning load and so he stayed here with us. We started both days with coffee and oatmeal and then he would follow me down to check on the chickens, even though it’s only just collecting eggs lately and isn’t a two person job. I would then go about my daily chores of cleaning the kitchen and sending out my cover letters. He then would watch movie after movie until Tom and Thressa would come home and we’d eat dinner. On the second day he began to watch movies. He watched the Bourne Supremacy and then while he was trying to play Spy Games he couldn’t close the DVD player. I was concerned as he asked me if it’s ever happened before. As I scratched my head trying to force the thing closed he realized that the Intolerable Cruelty DVD was jammed in the back of the player. We tried many things to get it out, including trying to slide it out with a knife to opening up the player. Eventually we were working with it upside and magically the DVD fell back into place and we were able to close and then open the player with the DVD sitting in place. Unfortunately I’m not sure if we’ll ever be able to watch that movie again, but we all know how the stupid love stories go. Someone wants someone and then after a process of flirting and fighting they fall madly in love. Blah. Well as Delmer and I told Tom and Thressa this story, they explained that for some reason there is a sticky piece in the machine and it happens all the time, it’s apparently very easy to get out. Intolerable cruelty knowing that what takes someone 2 seconds, take two people 30 minutes.

Another item of Intolerable cruelty is that I’ve been rejected from yet another job offer. I worked extremely hard for the Ducks Unlimited interview and I was recently emailed the “I’m sorry, there were a great deal of applicants and your goals and skills do not meet the job description.” I was also rejected from the Aylmer job with the line, “someone else was more experienced and we offered her the job.” Same shit, right? Anyways, I’m getting tired of the endless job searching. I have no life outside this house and need a job desperately to create a life again.

It’s all intolerable cruelty, from the DVD to the job search to my life to the squirrels eating the birdfeed. It all seems to suck and seems to be more then I can bare.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home