Wednesday, February 01, 2006

fading away


So I’ve recently come across a fact that is incredibly scary, a fact that I thought was very unlikely. I’ve lost weight. I lost 6 pounds in a month. The last time I checked was at Michelle’s house on December 30. Every time I went to the bathroom I stepped on the scale. My fear of this loss initially started yesterday as I was putting on my interview pants. It’s not like I needed my interview pants because it was just a telephone interview, but I wanted to feel sexy and powerful. Well the pants weren’t fallen off, but my once tight fitting pants were a bit looser and sat a tad differently. I didn’t give it too much thought though because they may just have stretched since I hand washed them the other day. But later that day after I got out of the hot tub I noticed that I looked gross and bony sitting in my tank top and undies, not that thinking I look bony means I’ve lost weight, but wondering I stepped on the scale. It showed that I lost 10 pounds since Michelle’s. That worried me, but then the thought crossed my mind that maybe clothes have something to do with the weight count. So after I had my clothes on I check and added 4 pounds to my total. Six pounds, one month.

Sometimes I think if I were to write a diet plan book I could be very successful. I think that water is key to loosing weight. A few summers ago I wanted to make sure I drank the whole 8 cups of water. It’s a lot of water, but everyday I filled up a 2-litre coke bottle with water and made sure I drank it all before I went to bed. The one thing I remember about that summer is that I peed a great deal, but my pee was clear, like it’s supposed to be. I also know that I lost a great deal of crap in my system and therefore lost some weight. Also I think you need to think about what your eating. Is this a packaged product? How real is this food? Is there a healthier option? (I’m not saying choose a salad over a hamburger if you go to Wendy’s once in a blue moon, but choose something homemade verses continuously eating out?) Is this chocolate or candy, if so, how many of these have I had today or this week? My size is a matter of genes rather then knowing what to eat, and I don’t think I could gain an excess of weight even if I tried, but I like to think I know a great deal and deserve this body. Although if I was heavier, I don’t think I could loose the weight as quickly as I like it think it would be.

So as for my interview, I think I could have done better. I think I will only be hired if there are people worse then me. Which is normally the case, you get hired when you are the best out there, but I know that I didn’t Knock her Dead, like the book claims you should be able to. I wasn’t bad I don’t think, and I did answer all but one question. However, the questions were quite tough: “What makes a good researcher?” “What makes a good leader?” “What would you do if you were out in the field and weren’t sure of the proper procedures?” “Name some common wetland plant species.” The question I couldn’t answer and didn’t even want to attempt at was “Can you tell me the difference between a female Blue Winged Teal and a Northern Red Shoveler?” I know your supposed to avoid yes/no answers, but I’m sure my “No” had an ! mark as it came out of my mouth as with a tone saying, what the F***? Oh well, there will be many more interviews and I shouldn’t let one like that ruin my mood.

Speaking of moods, yes, I’m still sad and lonely and am up for a road trip anytime, being it Waterloo or farther. This depression still lingers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home