Thursday, January 26, 2006

The middle of the bed

My new phenomenon is that sleeping in the middle of the bed is great. This way, you warm more of the bed and if you roll over you are more likely to not roll into a cold area because your body heat expands both ways from your body. This way also eliminates the amount of times you almost fall off the bed. I mean, at 23, I’m not as prone to rolling off the bed as I was at 5, but the tendency to roll just an inch away from that cold hard floor still exists when you only use one side of the bed. Is this sleeping position new? Or has it just been foreign to me a lot longer then it has to others? My new bed at my sisters house is a queen size with a beautiful duvet, covering me with enough feathers and air as it takes to give me the most amount of comfort while I toss and turn. I love this duvet thing enough to make my new quilt a duvet cover rather then the traditional quilt. My quilt will still possess the patchwork and stitching, but will also incorporate the casing needed for the duvet. This project excites me and I may follow up the blanket project with matching pillowcases, I feel that you also sleep better when your room is organized and matching. Besides the duvet there is one thing I am still having difficulties getting over. After four years of having my own room I still hate waking up alone. It depresses me as though it’s foreshadowing what the day will be like, I don’t mind a few hours alone but to wake up day after day with no one but the regulars (meaning the brother-in-law and sister, whom I love for letting me stay here). I’m going to enjoy married life, well the part where my life will then contain the responsibility of caring for someone and waking up with them, but not necessarily the part about the disagreements and the big discition making (but hopefully that part is enjoyable as well).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home