Sunday, January 29, 2006

my love life (My nephew is the cutest boy ever)

Yesterday I talked with my nephew, who is about 3 and a half, almost four. When you don’t see babies more then twice a year you don’t realize the progress that they make on a continual basis. I knew that Cordell, my nephew, could talk, but I didn’t know he was capable of carrying out full-fledged conversations. He said that mom (my sister) was in the bathroom with Ansleigh, my niece, so I talked with him for a while. He told me about many things happening in his life, such as his dog being run over, the trip to the pet store and wanting to get a cat, his new Christmas toys, and he told me about Ansleigh’s toy kitchen set and fake food that she got for her birthday. In return I told him about the turkeys and chickens I take care of every morning, the squirrels that are always on the bird feeders and the birds that I see around here. Birds and animals were the main topic because I’m sure he doesn’t really care about my job searching struggle or my past and present relationships. So as I’m talking to him about what birds I’ve seen around here and what birds he has seen in his area, and he is beginning to sound very confused and says “why are you still seeing birds? Shouldn’t all your birds be down south?” I thought, how the hell do you know about migration patterns of birds and the fact that they fly south, your three, what’s wrong with just noticing that birds aren’t around all the time? Of course I didn’t say that to him, I just politely answered his questions about which birds go down south and when they do fly away or what humming birds eat and drink verses what blue jays eat and drink. He also went on to say that he hates Magpies, they are loud and daddy shoots at them with the shotgun. “One time daddy shot a baby magpie, he did, he shot it dead.” Nice one Delmer (my brother in law) he’s going to be desensitized to wildlife thanks to your shotgun. Well after about 30 minutes of talking to my buddy he gives the phone to his mom, however, my niece intersected the two and needed to say a few words on the phone as well. “Dog…Bone” I asked her what noise a dog marks and she barked. It was cute. She just turned 2 December 30th. I can’t believe how cute she is. At my brothers wedding I was mesmerized by her shear beauty at such a young age. I can't wait to see them again. Hopefully the picture will attach. (nope, no picture again either)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home