Saturday, February 04, 2006

coffee and baileys and where to find your mate

So as my sister and I are doing our normal Saturday routine involving reading the newspaper and the county market (which isn’t called the county market anywhere else but in Aylmer I think. It’s called the pennysaver other places. But you know, the flyers and stuff that come weekly) and drinking our coffee (which normally contains a shot of baileys), anyways, so as we are doing our typical reading and drinking she directs an article to me with the title of “Where to meet your mate.” I smirk a little, ‘oh please, I’m not concerned about that’ smile. Even though it seems like I may be, I just want to get out of this place and have a normal social life again, well not that I have a normal social life, but still. I’m not worried that I won’t find Mr. Right, I’m just more upset that my Mr. Right-Now isn’t working out as I planned it.

I have my theories about where to meet men. And this is where my Sex in the City journalistic writing comes in, although I will never be anything like Carrie (I think her name is, Sarah J. Parker anyways) My biggest theory, but has never worked out for me, is that the grocery stores are excellent places for pick up. What man shops in a grocery store alone if he has a woman? Grocery shopping is one of those things that guys normally don’t do for fun, where as women are more likely to have a desire to have all the ingredients for every recipe. In my mind, it’s something that everyone needs to do so it makes it a perfect couples thing to do. Mike never went grocery shopping other then from his parent’s fridge, but his mom bought him the groceries so it’s not like he was just taking from them. I always wanted to take him shopping or for him to come with me, but he never would. Meeting your mate, most likely will happen in a place where couples would go together if they were going. I’ve heard of funerals, I guess, why would someone go unaccompanied to a funeral if they didn’t need to. I don’t have any stories off hand of hook-ups at funerals but I can’t personally say I feel like checking out men while I’m there. (Of course though, sometimes it happens) And weddings are good places; you don’t go to a wedding alone if you are dating, you just don’t. So if you are alone at a wedding it’s a good chance that you might get to meet up with others who aren’t dating either. There is a chance that something will happen, but there is also a chance that after a few great times of having coffee/tea and chatting for hours he’ll send you the “I’m not interested in you” email. Oh well, in about 5 months there will be another friends wedding to go to and hopefully more men to check out there.

I’m starting to think that you were a rebound. I mean, I can’t eat or sleep without wondering what your up to and thinking that I’d rather be eating or sleeping with you. And I can’t stop my heart from breaking every time I see you pop online, but yet you need some space (and I guess as do I) and therefore I’m limited to the amount I’m allowed to associate with you. I don’t understand why it’s only been you I’m rebounding on, it’s not like there hasn’t been others crossing my path and it’s not like I know you so well and have always known that you and I were meant for each other. But right now it is only you and tomorrow it will only be you. But still I think that you’re just a rebound, it’s whatever helps me sleep at night, right?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home