Thursday, February 23, 2006

My new crush



I have a new crush. And before you email me to clarify my actual feeling (you know who you are) I am certain that this is a crush, not a rebound. I have a crush, although it’s pointless to crush on him, but it just happens sometimes. His name is John Krasinski. If you know anything about me, you know that I am a avid Will and Grace watcher (or at least I try to be) and a few weeks ago I decided to watch Will & Grace and stay to watch the whole Thursday night NBC line up. Well after W&G was Four Kings, a show I’m not crazy about but is slightly humorous and I can justify wasting that half hour to avoid getting off the couch only to sit back down an half an hour to hour later. Next comes My Name is Earl, again, not the funniest show around but Jason Lee’s idea of Karma is somewhat interesting and his awkwardness is somewhat amusing. And so time wasted with that show is also justified. And then is the gold. The Office. I’ve heard it talked about before as being extremely funny. But had never really heard much about it and therefore it never caught my curiosity. It’s funny, it’s like reality but a sitcom and it takes place in an office, a otherwise dull paper sales office. John plays Jim, a sales rep for the paper company and has a crush on the engaged secretary Pam. It’s okay though, we all have our crushes. I think John is very real; I’m not attracted to his acting ability or his appearance, even though both seem flawless. He seemed like a real, liase faire type guy who enjoys a beer and going to the movies. He’s the boy next door. Elijah Wood, my other tv crush, is not a boy who could be found next door, you’d find him in a coffee shop in his own little world and admire him from afar and never had the nerve to approach him or you’d see him in the mall looking at CD’s and think, wow he’s cute but wouldn’t think twice to approach him because the mutual like for music isn’t enough to think that he is your soul mate. John seems like he might be the person to date the hottest girl in school but also seems like he’d smile and wave to anyone who he knew by name. He’s very crush worthy and I’m sure I’m not the only person who feels that way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home