Sunday, March 26, 2006

Joey... one of my best friends

Actually I don't have any time to head and see you, I have school work and work to deal with. Sorry but I don't have time to deal with anything else other than school. I have a very busy next couple weeks and then I have to work and find a job, so I don't think I have any free time for the next couple weeks, and even if i find a couple days off I'll most likely be heading to cornwall and gathering my stuff or helping my parents move. Sorry nothing I can do. I'll talk to you later. Joey


This coming from a guy who I have considered one of my best friends for the past four years. I couldn’t make it to Waterloo this weekend and he begged me and gave me the guilty treatment so I emailed him saying I’ll make it in for a day and we can spend the day together. I noted that I may need a pick-me-up if I don’t get this job after all and this is what he emailed in return.

And so to Joey I want to say:
I’m sorry you have to deal with having a job and managing a social life, plus actually trying to sit down and do some homework. But welcome to the last two years of my education. I struggled my whole university career to cope with issues of money and grades. I’ve actually sat down and read all my text books because I’ve always wanted to get good grades, I was never there because my parents were supporting my time. And I know you knew I worked, you asked me often to get together and join you at the bars. Do you know why I wouldn’t?? Because I had to pay for life: stuff like books, food and rent. I’m sorry you never understood my sacrifices but now you know what I went through. I’m not forcing you to spend a ton of money, I’m not forcing a great deal of your time, and I’m not forcing you to do anything you don’t want to do. Don’t treat me like you can’t fit me into your life and blame our flawed relationship on me!

But I write this all in a blog because he doesn’t read blogs, he says if he’s a friend he’ll hear it from me, and it’s true, if I ever write anything important I will surely tell you about it first. But these are words I don’t want him to read, I want to pretend that you don’t constantly hurt me and that your emails that I perceive as negative actually aren’t. If I can turn away from you while your going through your tempter tantrum then I can avoid more of a feud. I think I deserve better then his constant belittling.



Anyways just needed to vent. This is one of my favourite pictures of us. We are very close, but i guess we just have our days (and for some reason he gets PMS too).

1 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

Boys do that. They aren't as emotional as we are, so I don't think he meant anything negative by it.

I hate that whole "If I even had spare time, I'd be doing ____" How insensitive!

4:09 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home