Friday, April 21, 2006

skin

My cousin’s battle with cancer ended about two years ago and I’ll never get over it. She was my favourite cousin but even though we weren’t that close in proximity it hurts, I wanted to be with her. Six of ten, the songs says and she was one of the four. She was a great deal of my inspiration when I was taking my writing class, I wrote poems and stories about her but Rascal Flatts her song. Any country singer is bound to write about the effect of cancer but what are the odds they’d use her name and why did I have to hear it almost two years to the date? I guess it just enters my library of songs that make me think of her regardless of when it came out.

My favourite new word is coin slot. My sister and I were watching SNL while babysitting my niece and they had a mock commercial for skin cream for the skin right above the pant line. My other sister has an issue with constantly showing her crack and apparently with certain jeans I do as well. I kind of feel like there is an epidemic and now it’s finally diagnosed. Coin slot is just a great word and knowing that I have acquired a booty to create coinslot is good news as well.

My niece is adorable and so many family gatherings are focused around her due to her energy and her goofiness. My favourite story of her on Sunday involves one of her frequent trips to look out the back screen door. My sister Joanne and I were sitting by the kitchen table, knees were up and my coin slot was probably showing but as were my love handles. So as Alexa is walking away from the screen door she walked up to me and grabs a hold of my bare skin and then walks away. She has a fetish with needing to hold skin when she is being fed or when she is crying. For some reason bare skin on your neck or your back is nurturing and comforting for her. So with this grab she analyzed my nurturing ability and then walked away leaving me very confused with her actions. I guess with her only being a year old she’s not expected to make a great deal of sense. But she is still extremely adorable.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home