Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Sick

"Sick"

Yes I said it.

the words "ohhh sick" left my month.

I'm heavily influenced by my seventeen year old Rangers. Back in my day, the word sick meant to feel ill, to vomit, or to see something disgusting. Synonym of gross. Example : seeing that roadkill made me feel sick.

I said "Ooh sick" regarding the orange brand new Corvette parked in my parking lot after working in the feild. It was nice, very sweet, I loved the colour and it's probably a very nice ride. But back to my point. The word sick, to a bunch of 17 year olds, means sweet, fancy, i'd like to ride that, that cranks my tractor. Totally different then what it did.

When i first heard it said, I was confused. 'No, the porshe is not a gross car," I thought to myself, everyone knows that. After I few more "that's so sick," or "Sick!!" i consulted my other co-worker who is 19, she confirmed it. Sick is the new Cool, the new Groovey, the new Hot.

And yes, I'm now hip with the young'n (they just haven't realized it yet).

1 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

Ok see I didn't know that either.

9:44 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home