Saturday, July 15, 2006

Mind Occupations

Because I normally sit home alone on a saturday night i thought that there is nothing better to do then blog. It's pathedic, I live in the nations capital and I spend my weekends here in my room doing nothing. I've picked up Jane Eyre again, but even that takes a back burner to my daydreaming and self inflicted bordom.

Mind Occupying Item 1: My Ex came over the other day. I was lonely and invited him over not thinking that he'd actually take the 5 hour drive here. We're good friends and up to last weekend i felt strong. I knew he wanted me back and I had the power to say no to any reuniting.

Last weekend however, we were sitting on my bed just enjoying each others company when he says, much like last time, "there's something I need to talk to you about." I tensed up, this guy just drove 5 hours at the spur of a moment to see me, if he's asking me out again, there is some force not to reject him. But that's what I had to do. I sat there though, waiting for his speech.

"I've accepted a oversees teaching job in UAE." Apparently after our last conversation and me stopping any notion of us getting back together he accepted the offer he was given. I'm happy for him. It's a great opportunity and he's been miserable for a while. But after a few days of thinking about it, I'm sadden with the thought of him leaving. He's been such a good friend to me lately and I'd hate to think of him being more then a phone call away.

I won't be as bothered by him leaving in a few weeks but it doesn't seem real and the thought of my backbone leaving makes me weak on so many levels. I need him but i guess he needs this.

Mind Occupying Item 2: My sister bought a car. She bought a Honda civic. At first I was jealous, I wanted a Honda Civic and now three of my sisters have one. But then she said that it was a 1984 model. why would she get something old?

She's a bad driver. She doesn't care if she takes up two parking lots, he turns are very slow and wide and her lane changes are incredibly scary. And she says "I'm going home for the long weekend, did you want to come with me?" I do want to go home for the long weekend, but i don't want to suffer through the 8 hour drive with her driving. Somehow there has to be a way to get her to let me drive my car. But she won't, she's someone who needs the power.

Mind Occupying Item 3: I'm not happy with my job. It's not fulfilling anymore and I'm fusterated at not being the great leader I was hoping I'd be. I haven't been confronted by my new mistakes yet, but I also haven't seen my Supervisor since the last time. So before i start thinking that all is well again, I might want to have a meeting with him first.

~

Hopefully my next job is closer to home, I miss my support base and family.
Maybe my next blog will be better reading. This one just seems to be an update to what's going on in my head, and that's not really as entertaining.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

It's not fair to keep him around if you don't want to be with him anymore. I'm glad you didn't say anything.

1:35 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home