Wednesday, June 21, 2006

From the Sue

I'm writing from Sue Saint Marie. i know I spelled the whole town name wrong but I fail to see the actual spelling anywhere in the library i'm sitting in and to avoid conversation and the facade of being dumb, i'll refrain. I'm in the Sue for a leadership training for my new job. It's a week long vacation with leaders from all across Ontario. I have a hour and a half before the library closes so i thought i'd blog out of bordem/excitement/the addiction and the need i feel i have to blog.

I'm shy and i wouldn't be the first to agree to go on trips like this but i didn't think i had the option. but i'm here and having a good time. The drive took about 8 hours plus the 2 that i took to get to the location where i was meeting up with two other leaders to carpool. It seems like a long drive to get to a place like this for something as simple as H&S meetings and the other training that is needed. I'm having a good time though, the other leaders here seem great and it's nice to share ideas and sort out what's going to have to happen over the summer.

I of course moved to Ottawa for this position but like i said there are positions all over ON. The leader from the Aylmer crew is here and is actually a friend from highschool. I had wondered about him a little while ago. I even blogged about my thoughts of meeting up with him 10 years after liking him. I had such a crush on him and he ended up actually dating a friend of mine, but friends go before a guy though right and i let him out of my life. But you always wonder what people from highschool are up to. Well M's here and we've actually hung out and kept each other company here and there. He's engaged now and is actually in Geography at Guelph U. He has been dating his woman now for 6 years and just proposed two weeks ago. They will be waiting until he's graduated though (in about 2 years) before they actually get married. I'm kinda happy for him, but a little jealous of her because he is quite hot now and seems very down to earth.

Exciting point two of this week. On monday I drove two hours to meet with two other leaders to carpool to the Sue. The boss that one of the leaders has is actually the leader that i had when i was a Ranger 8 years ago. I was sentimental and was a bit dissappointed when he didn't seem sentimental in return. However, it wasn't as though he wasn't sentimental, but probably was never as attached to me as i was to him. He was my leader after all and it goes without saying that the kids will always be the ones who get attached to their authorities. Well you know what i mean. So it's not like he doesn't care about my achievements, it's more so that it's not as big of a deal to see me as it is for me to see him. Apparently he did explain to his crew leader that i was his Ranger and he did tell my boss that as well, but as for the hug and the girly catch up sessions, it wasn't what i had hoped for. (Note to self: start making sense in your blog and quite babling on and on about the insignificant things in life.)

A downfall to my week though is that I share a bathroom with the room next door and today (the third day) I was locked out for the second time. The thing is that when the other person is in there, they can lock your door from the bathroom so that you can't walk in on them. It's like having two doors in the bathroom, of course you locked them both. But My bathroom roomie keeps forgetting to unlock my door and leaving me in a pickle about how to use the bathroom. The first time was at night when she was no where to be found. I needed to go pee and brush my teeth but i had no way of getting in ( i was cranky) and the second time happened today when the girl was sleeping and i didn't want to wake her. I ended up going to my friends bathroom on the other side of me, but a different bathroom is never as good as your own.

I'm having a great week though and have many more stories to share. I will save them though for a different time. Soon the gathering of leaders will start and the partying will begin. (oh who am i kidding? I won't be doing much partying.)

I hope everyone is well. I'll write again soon

~m~

1 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

I'm glad you're having a good time! Yea!

9:25 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home