Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Aylmer

Aylmer is kind of crappy town. I went to A dot this past weekend because I needed to pick up some mail and my boxes of stuff I’m taking up to Ottawa with me. My insurance documents came today and that was the most important thing I went home for.

Aylmer, though, is like any other small town. We have the typical key people and the typical banks and pharmacy stores. But when you blame your social life on your location you realise that since high school you’ve only kept in touch with a small group of people. And now you sit at you dining room table contemplating who to call and what to do. Renting a movie sounds like a good idea but you want out of the house rather then a reason to stay in for another 2 hours. And then you realize unless you have a ton of friends you’re bound to have a few boring nights and it’s these boring nights that you curse the town.

I declined from the Stag and Doe I was invited to. I should have gone though since I seem so eager to make friends and reunite with old high school buddies. However my apathy grows for anything to do with Aylmer. If you didn’t care about me in high school I’m not going to reach out and try to get you to like me now. I feel like there is more to this world then my kitchen table and cat but I don’t feel like discovering it now.

I think about calling old friends up when I’m home. I miss Natasha and think she’d be interesting to chat with but calling her mom for her number seems nerve racking because her mom was only living with some guy and who knows if they are still together. Although the odds are favourable that they are still together but of course I fear the worst while communicating with the guy. (He could yell at me and scar me from calling other people). And I also think about Shannon. I’ve driven past her place a few times recently and I’ve noticed a different name on the mailbox. They liked London so much better anyways I’m sure they moved back there. Although I looked for her dad’s name but the closest I got was her mom’s. And what does that all say?

And I wonder if anyone thinks of me. Like if anyone has googled my name. Nothing comes up, I’ve checked. But have I made an impact on anyone? Maybe to avoid these boring nights I should plan more before I come. However that involves planning and that’s never been my strong point.

Everyone has a hometown and I’m sure everyone has drifted from who they were and what their live involved way back then.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home