Tuesday, June 13, 2006

The first full day

So I didn’t sleep well. That’s not really news, but now I’m really tired and have a bad headache. It’s 7:40 pm and I’m ending my day with a plate of sidekicks spaghetti and tomatoes. (Not as good as the meal could have been).

My first full day of Ottawa has been good. I started it with some tv and then my roommate and I went into the downtown core of Ottawa. I’m in the outskirts and about a half an hour bus ride from there. My plan was to go downtown or go to Manotick, the town I’ll be working with, but my roommate made up her mind to go downtown. After we get to downtown I realize that she doesn’t even have any plans for downtown and just felt like an adventure or something. But it was good this way, she has plans for tomorrow and I’m free to do whatever I want and stay in Manotick for any length of time.

Ottawa is great, I’m sure you’ve been here and if not, now is a good time to come. The beaver tails are great (a desert thing that they love to make and eat here) and the buildings are fabulous. Going to the downtown core only seemed appropriate for my first full day here but I’m ready to start work now.

So today is a month till my birthday and I sit here alone in my room imagining big things for that day or the following weekend. I miss you already and wish you were here, pathetic I know.
I’ll keep you updated, still have more stories to tell but they are for another day.

2 Comments:

Blogger GALA said...

Happy early birthday! Mine is July 19 so it's approaching soon after yours. Be glad you're not turning 33- that's how old I'll be! It sounds scary but it isn't so bad. I never knew I'd be so immature at this age.

Best of luck with your new job and I hope it turns into something more permanent for you.

6:25 p.m.  
Blogger ~ martha ~ said...

Wow, that's cool that you too are a July baby, they are the best. I don't think there is anything wrong with being younger then your age makes you to be. Hotter and younger guys, complements like "oh wow, i thought you were much younger", they are feel good things that you need to enjoy.
thanks for the comment Gaby.

9:10 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home