Friday, June 16, 2006

it's just good house keeping... learn it

I’m not the person who should preach about how to keep their house clean. But with 7 months of not living in a dirty student house I’ve grown accustomed to dishes done and the counters clean. It was me who cleaned, but it was my job, it was to deserve living there. But I shouldn’t have to be the one to clean up here.

When I moved here I had just finished a 5.5 hour drive and I was willing to take the first place that was decent. My room is small but I’ll be working and not planning on spending much time in here. I’m a subleaser, but yet I am disgusted how this place looks. I didn’t notice how dirty it was/is until I unpacked my stuff and considered myself settled in. But I’ve done all the dishes twice now and wiped the counter that looked like it hadn’t been wiped since they moved in.

This is how you people live? A is a complete princess. She talks to who she wants to when she wants to and sleeps all day. When I moved in my other roommate explained how A is in the bathroom for a really long time every day. L, the other roommie, even explained that she’s taken her stuff from the upstairs bathroom into the gross mainfloor bathroom because she never has time to get ready in the upstairs bathroom. And that’s fine with you???? I don’t get how someone so high maintance doesn’t care about her environment and rather just the fact that she’s wearing all the possible make up and that her clothes are cleaned five times a day.

You people stress me out. How can you not own a broom when you live sans vos parents. What did they teach you? How to hog the bathroom for two hours a day and toast bread and spread peanut butter on it?

I’m sorry, maybe she didn’t have parents and was never told how to do cleaning, like my mom. She used to say “Well, Martha, at least you have a mom who does half the chores for you. My mom died so young and I was always cleaning up after your three uncles.” At which point you feel really bad about ever wanting to play with the neighbour girls and having a social life. How do you explain that to your friends ‘my mom had to do all the chores when she was my age cause her mom died so she wanted to give me the guilt trip to compensate for her sadness.’

Enough about my mom and my upbringing. I’m not going to be your mom, so clean up yourself (although I will clean up after you because I dislike your mess).

I got a full two hours of sleep last night and am wide awake now. I must have too much on my mind or had too much of that café latte last night. But it’s Friday and work will soon begin and soon end.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home