Monday, June 26, 2006

Strawberries

thoughts of my childhood in the country rush back to me. Never had i expressed a desire to live in town, however, my grown up lifestyle has forced me into suburbia and I settle.

But there as i was driving home from work I saw the greatest sign: "Pick your own, 8-8." I rushed home, invited my roommate and ran to change my outfit. then we were off. I drive through the Ottawa green belt every day for work, but standing in rows of green tickled my deepest fancy. We bought our 2 litre baskets and we were off.

I just ate a piece of heaven i explained as I savoured a fresh as can be strawberry. It's surreal thinking that as i sit in my Ottawa townhouse that i actually just went out and picked strawberries today.

I can't wait till blueberries start. I'm so glad i know the joys of picking fruit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home