Monday, July 03, 2006

Being bigger then the bear

I’m not writing as much as I planned on it after I got the job. I’m actually not doing much of anything since I’ve started my job. Of the twelve days I’ve been employed, two days involved outings lasting till 8:00 and 10:00 respectively, 4 days were spent in Sault Ste Marie, and the other 6 were probably spent settling in my place and playing the Sims. I have wanted to write more and work on more letters but it’s either because this chair in my room is uncomfortable or because I spent so much time during my unemployment writing and doing computer stuff.

I have stuff to write about though:

I want to congratulate Kristy and Chad on their wedding this past weekend. It was such a great time and hearing all the stories and compliments of Chad made me very happy that Kristy snagged him up. The ceremony was the shortest I’ve ever been too and good company and good food make for an excellent time. Congrats again, you two both got very lucky with your life partner.

Also while in the Soo, I had to sit through a number of training sessions. One being bear awareness training. This paranoids me because as a small town southern Ontario girl, the chances of coming across a bear are more real in Ottawa then they are in Aylmer. I’m sure the training was more geared towards the groups of people working further north, but it doesn’t hurt to pay attention. Anyways I walked out of there with the knowledge that I have to be bigger then the bear. And if you think about that phrase long enough, as I seem to have, it can apply to anything in life. Be bigger then your life issues, be the bigger person and walk away from whatever, etc, etc. That thought has just kind of stuck with me now and in my times of happiness coming home from a job that I really like I often think about how I have become bigger then my own bear.

Stay tuned for my next dorky phrase that I find myself blogging about.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home