Tuesday, July 25, 2006

my oppses

Work went well today. It rained on us and thundered and lightened but I love that sort of stuff so it was cool. My kids weren't on my nerve today and I feel I might have them under control now, but, no, of course I don't. Tomorrow they will be pushing my last button again.

Oops One: "the boys said you hit the pole at the shop." Brent says to me. Brent is kinda in charge of me for the next few days. My boss is on holidays and my crew and I were sent to work with Jim, Brent's boss, but Jim is also on holidays. (Yes, I do feel like a burden on people, thanks for asking). I smirk, I admit it and I begin to wonder which boys. My boys, the one who was with me, or the boys that also work under Jim, with Brent. Who's talking to whom I wonder. Was I punished I wondered?

I began joking about the incident saying: "yup, one way to bruise an ego" and "I checked though and the pole is still standing." I also noted that I tried to tell my boss but he was too busy to bother with me. Smiles were exchanged and I think all may be good. I hope it's not too big of a deal though.

Oops Two: As a leader my major role is the safety of my little shitheads. Today we were working in the woods, clearing yet another fucking path. C and B were ahead of me clearing a path a few yards away, LUB was weed wacking and K and I took our time working between the three boys. I heard my name, I jumped to the thought that it's LUB and his power tools (that he is legally not allowed to work with), I run to him to find him staring at my paniced look very blankly. "Did you call my name?" I said. "No"

Shit, I attended the wrong person. I begin to run back through the bush. The freshly wet, the freshly trampled and the rocky path with my steal toe boots. I fell. It hurt and i sucked back the tear that really wanted to fall. 'Idiot' I thought to myself. I couldn't show my weakness though and I began to walk off the pain. The other boys aren't working with power tools and they won't be in any great pain to need to rush. (they aren't worth this pain I remind myself) When I arrived at their path, they too looked blankly at me. "Did you call my name?"

"Yes, Martha, Can we get aids from mosquitoes?"

What?? I rushed and hurt myself for that?? "No, I explain. Mosquitoes generally only suck one persons blood and then they die" My explaination went on for longer even though it might not even be true. I don't remember what else i said, I will remember the question for a while and may have a bruise and have lost the use of my wrists for a few days. Oops I'm an idiot thinking that I needed to rush.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home